McClelland Consulting Engineers Inc. » » Congo Road/I-30 (Military Road)
Congo Road/I-30 (Military Road)

Details

Scope of services includes:

  • Construction Inspection

  • Construction Administration

  • Geotechnical Quality Assurance

Phase I of this project was funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; $1.6 million (80%) of the project cost, was funded by ARRA. The remaining 20% of the project cost was funded by the City of Benton. Phase II is being funded by the normal Statewide Transportation Improvement Program funds which is also an 80/20 match. Because this project is federally funded, and MCE is acting as the AHTD R.E. on this project, diligent reporting to the AHTD and FHWA is required to ensure that each phase of the project is met with approval by both agencies.

MCE is providing AHTD construction inspection for the two-phased Congo Road – I-30 (Military Road)  project in Benton, Ark. Phase I was completed in February of 2011 and consisted of relocating numerous utilities including the overhead electric, water and sewer lines as well as three underground storage tanks located at a gas station that was removed for this mile and a half long road widening project. MCE also coordinated with private utility companies to relocate their utilities for the future roadway widening project. The final cost of Phase I construction was approximately $2 million.

Phase II of this project consists of widening Military Road to accommodate future and existing traffic more efficiently and improving drainage, adding curb and gutter, sidewalks and additional traffic signals. This phase began in April of 2011 and will be completed in May of 2013. Phase II estimated construction cost is $8 million.

Services

  • Airports & Aviation

    Airports & Aviation

  • Water Treatment & Distribution

    Water Treatment & Distribution

  • Wastewater Collection & Treatment

    Wastewater Collection & Treatment

  • Transportation & Traffic Engineering

    Transportation & Traffic Engineering

  • Civil / Site Design and Land Development

    Civil / Site Design and Land Development

  • Parks & Recreation

    Parks & Recreation

  • Land Surveying

    Land Surveying

  • Environmental Testing Laboratory Services

    Environmental Testing Laboratory Services

  • Geotechnical Engineering

    Geotechnical Engineering

  • Construction Materials Testing

    Construction Materials Testing

  • Construction Observation

    Construction Phase Services

  • Landscape Architecture

    Landscape Architecture

  • Sustainable and LEED Design

    Sustainable and LEED Design

© 2017 McClelland Consulting Engineers Inc.